Sunday, February 12, 2006

For It's One, Two...

Fiiinally! This summer, I shall embark on what will not quite be a complete tour of every major league baseball stadium in the majors, but a pretty good chunk nonetheless! My buddies from out west are taking a little journey across the country to visit every MLB and many minor league parks in a total of less than two months, and I'll be along for about 12 big league stops of it. Between this trip, my convention travels, and just popping all over the country as I tend to do, I look to be hitting up about 17 different major league baseball stadiums this year. Those two of you who read this who can appreciate this know how special and how much fun this will be. It gives me a warm tingly feeling all over just thinking about it, even with the foot-plus (and getting deeper by the minute) of snow outside my window right now.

It's exciting to be getting to all these parks, many of which I have never been to before: the Jake in Cleveland, the Phillies' new yard, the hideousness of RFK and Oakland's Colisseum, whatever bank's name they've slapped on Candlestick this year, etc. I'll also get to see all of my good buddies and buddyettes scattered all over the mainland, 'cause as many of you know, I gots bros and hos in different area codes.

What this does mean, however, is one less season in which to actually be productive as far as getting things together and doing something worthy of this remarkably talented brain I've been endowed with. You know what though? Screw it. I loves the baseball and I'll probably never get this opportunity again; at least not where I can enjoy it with friends.

The way I'm wired, fantastic life experience trumps graduate school or starting a business every time :P

So does a shitload of baseball.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Right on, man...right on! Take the opportunity while it's there! I promise the schools will still be there when you get back.

And if you ever want to go into business together, gimme a buzz. We'll go take over the world or something.

Hayden said...

Here here! And if you ever need an independent contractor, look me up. I got dibs on Iceland and Hawaii, though. :)