Friday, October 20, 2006

Wake me up in February

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. A dozen ways to win the game and the Mets don't capitalize on any of them. So goes a team that does not deserve to win. The lowlight: Mets riding wave of momentum after the Endy catch (more on that later)... bases loaded, one out, Valentin up, and K's. A fly ball gets a run in, Wagner pitches the 9th, and certainly doesn't hang a change to Yadier. Such is the game of baseball....

But wow... that Endy Chavez catch. I'm honored to have been in the building and seen that in person. Right afterwards I looked at the guy next to me and said "we're going to be seeing this catch for the rest of our lives." Just unbelievable.

If you do not know the catch to which I refer, you're too much of a nerd. Move along.

Baseball's all done for me. Go... Raiders? Knicks? Islanders? Sun Devils?

Siiiiiiiiiigh. Wake me up when pitchers and catchers report.